Cross-Border And International Relocation

Kingsway Van Lines understands the international and cross border move process, including what documents are required, what items can and cannot be transported across border and which transportation methods will meet your moving needs.

Customs can be complex and overwhelming. Our dedicated moving experts will guide you through the customs process, required documentation and the clearance process.

Moving across the border or abroad can have it challenges and this is why our dedicated moving specialists can help with all the steps, starting from the initial quote and planning to customs clearance and tracking of your shipment.

Kingsway Van Lines dedicated moving experts will ensure that everything is prepared to avoid any delays at the border.

USA MOVES Household Goods – Required Documentation

To clear your household goods shipments crossing through U.S. Customs, KVL will require copies of the following documentation:

For Returning US Residents:

  • Completed 3299 Customs Form
  • Valid Passport
  • Proof of Property Ownership or Lease in US (for part time Residents)


For Non-Residents:

  • Completed 3299 Customs Form
  • Work or Study Visa and Letter of Offer of Employment (if applicable)
  • Valid Passport

Please Note: US Customs will verify this information when the moving truck arrives at the border, therefore it is very important to have all your documents in order and checked.

If there are any issues with your immigration status, US Customs may turn your shipment back. As a result, you will incur additional charges for border delays, the cost of returning your shipment to origin and storage until the matter is sorted out.

For shipments moving from USA to Canada will require inspections and clearance at a local USA customs office. Your attendance is required to clear the shipment. Once the shipment is cleared, Kingsway Van Lines moving team will co-ordinate and schedule a delivery date and time.

Request a Quote